Thursday, March 4, 2010

Beginning of a good thing

As this is my first post, I should probably tell you what's going on. This is my attempt to record all of my thoughts on beer in a semi-organized manner. These thoughts include what I'm brewing, what other people are brewing, recipes that I've tried that include beer, beer festivals, and really anything else beer related. I've been brewing at home for something like 3 years. I didn't start keeping track until October of 2007, when I tried to brew a mocha porter with the bitterest hops I could find. It was really bad, but with documentation I've improved. Let this be an extension of that. I'm a cook/ dishwasher at Old Chicago. I go to school at college of Western Idaho on the BSU campus for culinary arts. I hope to brew professionally in the future.
This is my closet, which has been converted to a makeshift brewery. I've got an oatmeal stout that's been bottled and is ready to drink on Monday. I've got an IPA in secondary fermentation that I dry-hopped with a 1/2 oz of Cascade pellets. I've got a mead made from 15# of clover honey and has been sitting for 9 months. I've got a Black Butte Porter clone that I brewed for my sister's wedding at the end of the month. Lastly I've got a few bottles of my brown ale that are dwindling.

No comments:

Post a Comment